CHEER LOUD. CHEER PROUD.
THE LADIES OF LHS
AS A LIBERTY CHEERLEADER…
- Your team comes first. You agree that the team is paramount. Your personal goals and your team goals do not necessarily conflict, but when they do, you accept that decisions made are for the good of the team.
- Rules help the team run smoothly. Each player must decide if she buys into our system and is willing to commit to the team. Every rule is to benefit the team and you must decide, in advance, whether you are willing to abide by them. If not, you should not be part of the team.
- Our team thrives on trust and respect. You must trust your coaches and your teammates and behave in a way that earns their respect. Without trust, our team is nothing. You must do everything reasonably necessary to make yourself and your team better.
- Our athletes must be coachable. There is often more than one way to do things correctly. In some cases, your coaches will select a specific strategy for the benefit of the entire team, even if it doesn’t benefit a particular individual. You must be willing to make changes according to your coaches’ suggestions. If coaches seem to be “riding” you, it is because we think you are capable of a higher level of performance.
- Our team works hard. Everyone wants to win, but few will make the sacrifices to do it. No one will give you anything in life – you must earn it. You cannot cut corners. Strive every day to improve.
- Our team has balance. To balance academics, athletics, work and family, you must plan ahead and make difficult choices. The choices you make will affect your future opportunities.
- Our team can be successful. Almost any obstacle can be overcome with hard work. Commitment, perseverance and responsibility will be rewarded.
- Our team has fun. Cheerleading is a fun sport. You know you’ve chosen the right sport if you cannot wait to go to practice, and love stepping on the performance floor with your teammates every chance you get.
- Our team passes it on. As you move through high school, share your new skills and insights with new or younger cheerleaders. Be generous with your time. Consider helping our new members, or coming back to help at tryouts. Be an active and involved Liberty alumnus.
- Remember, Once a Patriot, Always a Patriot!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS TO JOIN?
Every Spring, tryouts are held for Dance and Varsity, Junior Varsity, and Freshmen Teams. You must have at least a 2.0 GPA and cannot receive any failing grades in order to be eligible. You must be presently enrolled at Liberty High School and taking a full schedule of classes. Early graduating Seniors do not qualify.
WHEN ARE TRYOUTS?
WHAT IS THE COST TO BE A PART OF THE CHEER PROGRAM?
HOW DO I BECOME A CHEERLEADER?
In order to join the squad, you must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0 and have no failing grades. You must attend tryouts and be selected by a judging panel and agree to the approved payment schedule. You will be required to attend all practices and events, and conduct yourself in accordance with the regulations of the cheer constitution.
ARE MY ABSENCES EXCUSED FOR CHEER RELATED EVENTS?
Yes, however you are still responsible for all missed schoolwork and missed assignments. School is your first priority.
DOES THE TEAM TRAVEL?
The Varsity squad may occasionally be asked to travel to other schools during the football season. They may also travel in or out of state to support select Liberty sports teams who qualify for state level competitions. Additional fees may apply.